While the intrinsic thrill of fruit machines and the jackpot levels of progressive slot games are major reasons why online casinos are so popular – the chance to play table games with a degree of skill and strategy shouldn’t be underestimated. Check out the simple strategic options and systems, available to the typical recreational casino player.
Low-risk casino strategies
In an ideal world – we’d all have the time to hone our casino skills like the Vegas professionals, delivering the power to get a small edge over the casinos – plus the pro level bank roll needed to really make them pay. However – back to the real world of casual casino players – what are your options?
Well – fundamentally, games such as video poker and blackjack can be played with ‘basic strategy’ – which essentially means a basic set of rules to apply to specific gaming scenarios. For example, in video poker you need to know which cards to hold and discard, while in blackjack, it’s helpful to hit, stand, double-down and split at advantageous times.
Basic gaming strategies are freely available on the internet – so print them off! The strategies will soon boost both your intrinsic entertainment, and elevate your winning hands. The question most gamers ask is – how much of an advantage can gaming strategies deliver? The answer depends on how precisely you apply the strategy, and whether you can develop your skills to comprise more advanced moves.
For example, a classic video poker or blackjack strategy will not reverse the typical 5% casino edge – but it does have the power to minimise or reduce the edge. In contrast, advanced strategy-play can really start chipping away at the house advantage – all the way to pro level casino gaming strategies such as hardcore card counting.
Higher-risk, bigger reward casino systems
If you don’t have the time or inclination to try and build-up your basic strategy power and casino skill – then casino systems may be an option. However, be aware that most casino systems are high risk:high reward strategies, meaning thousands of gamers use them to skim cash from the casinos, but there are no guarantees. Take a look at a classic casino system below, and scroll down for tips on avoiding the risks of casino systems to make a sweet profit.
Martingale Casino System (typically used in roulette)
- Bet on even money (such as red/black in roulette) with 1 unit
- If you lose, boost your stake by 100% and re-bet (2 credits)
- Repeat the step above until you win/reach your limit
- When you win – re-start the system
Tips for minimising casino system risks
- Use bonus offers and free credit options to test casino systems risk-free
- Game for fun with money you are happy to lose on entertainment – that way casino systems will never be a big risk
- If you want to bet big – earn the right to do so by building up a small leisure bank
- Play with a sensible credit size
- If you hit a hot session – withdraw your winnings
- Use a session stop-loss limit and casino system loss limits